Saturday, July 28, 2012

Walmart Madness #39! Rats In The Meat

  A Winter Haven woman got the surprise of her shopping life in a close encounter with the animals in the meat department at the Walmart at 7450 Cypress Gardens Blvd. "Me and my mom went over there at the meat and then we saw a rat running up and down the meat," Giles recalled.

She described the rat as about the size of one of the steaks for sale on the rack. "It was shocking and I knew nobody would believe me, so I took a picture of it," Giles said, "[and I] told my mom I wasn't leaving without one."

She described the scene as chaotic as she watched an employee chase yet another rat with a broom and a box. "We went to the checkout and that's when we saw one get caught by the deli," Giles said. "And the checkout lady said there was multiple -- two of them. That was pretty disgusting."

Read more HERE

2 comments:

Kat said...

When I read "rats in the meat" I first thought that there were rat parts found directly into the meat packaging...
I heard of that before. Should have happened before in a famous fastfood restaurant, too. Yummy :-D

David said...

I can sure see that happening! Rats hiding in a meat cutter machine, the butcher is sleepy and doesn't notice. Yuck!