Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Man Masturbates On Crowded City Bus, Gets Confronted On Tape

"Police are searching for a man who was caught on camera allegedly performing a lewd act with children sitting nearby.

The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Friday morning, according to Transit officials. A woman recorded the video after she noticed the man was exposed, sitting right next to her.

The woman who confronted the man on video is talking only to Fox 29.

"When you're in that kind of situation you're more concerned with thinking,'Am I really seeing what I'm seeing? Is this really happening?'" said Ida Goldkorn.

Goldkorn says she is still mentally processing the cell phone video she shot Friday morning on SEPTA Bus 23 moving through North Philadelphia.

The video shows a man police now consider a suspect, fondling himself on the crowded bus, which included a child seated right behind him.

"He was I guess was turning around and looking at her and looking at me and felt like that was ok. And that's what really, really disturbed me because I'm sure the little girl had a pretty clear of what was going on," she explained.

Appalled, the Temple Criminal Justice doctoral student confronted him while recording.

You even see him argue with her in the video.

"I was not even remotely expecting that. I really though that the video or telling him that I was taping him would make him get up but obviously he didn't do that," said Goldkorn.

Philadelphia's Special Victim's Unit says an arrest warrant has been issued for the Germantown man in his early 30s is wanted for open lewdness and reckless endangerment after investigators saw the video on the People of Septa Facebook page.

Goldkorn says she's glad police had the video to go on.

"I'm glad I did it. I don't think I could live with myself if I hadn't done it," she said.

Her actions prompted the driver to kick the man off the bus.

Philadelphia police have not released the name of the suspect, but they say they know who they're looking for."



Here is video with an interview of the lady that taped him:

No comments: