(Note the Chicken McNuggets sign)
"The body was so obese that the actual body fat came off and went straight up the sack and hit the roof material, the rubber roof we have up there and that's what made it go up like it did…It was no negligence involved in it. My guys, we did all we could.
Once it started, the grease hit the roof and started the fire, the only thing we could do is dial 911 and get the fire department here,” Hendrix said.
Three people were inside of the plant at the time of the fire. All were able to get out unharmed.
There were also three bodies on site at the time of the fire, but the manager says none were damaged in the process.
Later on Wednesday afternoon the crematorium received the go-ahead to resume cremating the body. The family was not present during the cremation, Hendrix said.
The business will be closed for a few days to repair damage to the roof and furnace.
He said the facility is known across Virginia for handling large people."