Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Man Mistaken For Escaped Mental Patient Drugged And Locked Up



"Police were called to help locate the patient and several days later, a man with the same description of the escapee was brought back to Graylands[Mental Hospital] by police where he was wrongly identified by hospital staff as the runaway patient.

The man was subsequently given a batch of antipsychotic drugs but it caused an adverse reaction and he was treated overnight in hospital.


The “real” missing patient eventually returned to Graylands."

The Graylands Mental Hospital,  the name sounds like something out of a bad slasher novel. :)  Hit it Dr. Demento!!!




They're coming to take me away ha ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee ha ha
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats and
They're coming to take me away ha ha!

To the happy home
With flowers and trees and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile
And twiddle their thumbs and toes and
They're coming to take me away ha ha!

Read more HERE

7 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

I normally hide my "insanity" from others .... I even learned to talk without moving my lips ... ( I have a tendency to "talk to myself" when walking... Now no one notices when I do so...
Due to a very rude receptionist trainee I have quit going to mental health after almost 7 years... so wish us luck

David said...

Lol, I do wish you luck!

Dr. Theda said...

Good, ...Our "sanity" has worn thin.... Thus, making us more "accepting" of the "voices" and their ideas....
What have we got to loose..??
We are dying after all.....

Mrs. Katie said...

Wow, how pissed off would you be if this happened to you?!?

David said...

@Doc: So you have the chance to do good and make a difference, don't end up like one of these people I write about!

@Mrs. Katie: Oh I would be pissed off all right, then it would be like winning the lottery - I would sue both the police and the hospital!

Dr. Theda said...

We are trying to "hold it together"... thank you for your concern..

David said...

Aye, I'm trying to hold it together myself. Some things are coming to a 'head' that I have to deal with, but it should be ok soon enough. I try to listen to the good voices. ;/