Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coming To America: The Flesh Eating Drug, Krokodil

Krokodil has been around in Russia for quite a while.  Why people continue to use Krokodil,  and why  it is spreading is a mystery to me.  Take a look at this photo of what it can do to you for instance:


There is also a video out there of a krokodil user's ate up leg being amputated with a wire saw.  I think I'll spare you dear readers from posting it here *shudders*.

"Similar to morphine or heroin, krokodil is made by mixing codeine with substances like gasoline, paint thinner, oil or alcohol. That mixture is then injected into a vein, potentially causing an addict's skin to turn greenish, scaly and eventually rot away.

Dr. Frank LoVecchio, co-medical director at Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center in Arizona, told CBS5 that the first two cases of people using the drug have been reported in the state. He declined to comment on the patients' conditions.


"As far as I know, these are the first cases in the United States that are reported," LoVecchio said, adding that the cases are believed to be linked. "So we're extremely frightened."

Read more about it HERE

2 comments:

Freakanzoy said...

I read about this about 4 years ago.
The things it does to you are horrible, I don't get why anyone would think it's a good idea to use (that goes for drugs in general).

David said...

It's a mystery to me as well Laury. I used to smoke some pot back in the day though and don't see much wrong with it 'till this day. It seems a hell of a lot safer than alcohol.