Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Man Stuck In Elevator 4 Days Without Water Or Food

Thomas Fleetwood got stuck in a tiny one man lift when it broke down in his vacant Austrian resort hotel.   He broke out a glass panel in the lifts door to get fresh air and tried to escape out of the top but couldn't.  Having left his cell phone behind at his office the only choice he had was to wait and hope for rescue:

 "The lift has never broken down before, I just hadn't expected anything to happen," Fleetwood told Austrian Times.

Eventually a friend delivering bread alerted rescue services after noticing post piled up outside the hotel.

Fleetwood was treated in a local hospital. He is now "in good health, telling officers that a survival course with the Swedish military had set him in good stead," police said.

"It was foolish to have gone in the lift in an empty hotel without a mobile telephone, but I am proud of myself that I didn't panic and used my military training to get through. I would talk to myself and was making my plans for the future while I was stuck there," said Fleetwood."

Source and more HERE

No comments: