Tuesday, May 7, 2013

105 Year Old Says Bacon Is Key To Long Life

Pearl Cantrell’s love of bacon is so strong that the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile made a stop through town last week to wish her a happy birthday, all because she told a local news station her amazing secret.

“I love bacon, I eat it everyday,” she told a reporter for Abilene-based Big Country Homepage in April. “I don’t feel as old as I am, that’s all I can say.”

One month later, Cantrell was sitting shotgun in the Wienermobile and riding through the town as dozens of local residents watched the strange-looking vehicle pass by.

“We’ve seen a lot of stories on the road, but nothing quite like this one, so we’re excited to be here,” an Oscar Meyer spokesperson told Big Country Homepage. “We know she’s an inspiration. Pearl is an inspiration for the community, and her friends and family. So we had to make a special stop here for her today.”

And, of course, they also gave her a huge case of bacon.

“I love bacon, I could eat it for every meal — and I do!” she said.

SOURCE

No comments: