Friday, January 11, 2013

Elderly Man Escapes Hospital To Drink Beer

My new 94 year old hero broke out of a hospital in Munich so he could celebrate his birthday in one of the German city's famous beer halls:

 A passer-by noticed the elderly man at an underground rail station on Wednesday as he still had an intravenous drip needle implanted in his left hand.

He took the slightly dazed man to transport authorities who called the police.

"After several calls, it emerged that the pensioner had bolted from a Munich clinic," police said in a statement. "He himself said he was on his way to a beer hall to have a belated birthday celebration."


Police said the man was then returned to the hospital, where doctors agreed to allow him to have the tall, frothy beverage of his choice.

SOURCE

7 comments:

Kat said...

Haha. So you started with the strange german news yet? :-)

Munich has the best beer. It was wise of him not to let his birthday go to waste not having a beer *lol*

David said...

"So you started with the strange german news yet?" Yup. :) There is this post and the one where the naked guy gets stuck in a chimney:

http://strangedaysindeednews.blogspot.com/2013/01/freezing-naked-man-stuck-in-chimney.html

I don't drink beer, but I'm now tempted to visit a Munich beer garden and have one just to see what it's like. Funny I don't drink beer - I'm half German, half Irish after all! lol!

Kat said...

Oh I have to read the chimney post, then. Haha.

If you do so you have to go to the Hofbräuhaus :-D It is a must-do-event when you are in Munich.

http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/index_en.html

Kat said...

Oh and I forgot...you are half German half Irish? Are you born in the US?

David said...

What I really would like to do if I went to Munich would be to get some good beer, try to find that old guy and have a beer with him. :)

That Hofbräuhaus place looks fantastic! What a fascinating history it has as well. " When King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden invaded Bavaria during the Thirty Years' War in 1632, he threatened to sack and burn the entire city of Munich. He agreed to leave the city in peace if the citizens surrendered some hostages, and 600,000 barrels of Hofbräuhaus beer."

Yeah it must be fantastic beer! lol!!

Oh a little about me. My older sister was born in Landstuhl Germany but the parents moved to the states and I was born in the state of Maryland. :)

Kat said...

Hehe see now you know more about the Hofbräuhaus than me :-)

David said...

I wish to experience it first hand though, that would be so great!